04 March 2009

How hot is hot in Mozambique in March?

+ 30 C morning temperature at 6:00am
+ 35.8 C outside in the shade
+ 33 C in the cool of the evening
- 95% humidity

- sweat trickles down your neck while relaxing in the shade
- drying off after a cold shower makes you sweat as much as you did before you showered
- drinking a cup of coffee means you head back into the shower
- cold water tap runs hot water in the afternoon
- sun shining onto clear water bottles laid on a roof will purify the water and kill all bacteria
- walk slowly!

And this is cooler than it was in January!

2 comments:

  1. This is so profound. It sounds so much like home. In fact, I can barely write this comment because my eyes are stinging from the sweat of moving my fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAAAhhhh it sounds wonderful, says Lois, after -40 temps in her Winnipeg winter, longing for some tropical warmth. You warm me up when I read it. Thank you! The 'Peg is moving out of the sub zero temps now, and I am just starting to believe in spring.

    ReplyDelete