29 November 2010

Farewell

After a wonderful visit with family in Saskatoon, the day to say farewell has come.  We have said many teary good-byes at the John Diefenbaker Airport over the years, and the leaving just doesn’t get any easier.  In fact with aging mothers, and Allison and Jason with 10-month-old grandson, Riley, here in Canada, it’s downright difficult.  As I wait several hours in Calgary for my next flight back to Joburg, I am so thankful for the opportunity to connect with family and to experience their warmth and love in person.  The hugs, “dadada mamama” conversations with Riley, books and little games, and crawling on the floor with him are precious experiences I will cherish for a long time.

The Christmas turkey sandwich and the decorated sugar cookie that Allison and Jason packed up for me and the bag of nuts and chocolates from Mom which I just enjoyed, remind me of "home" and give me energy for the next leg of the journey.  Now, off to Gate B24 for the 9 hour 40 minute flight to Frankfurt.  (Lois)

p.s. Bruno arrived in Saskatoon several days later than Lois, since he had more meetings to attend in Pennsylvania and Akron.  He therefore gets to stay on in Saskatoon for a few more days - lucky guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment